Monday, January 20, 2014

Made To Crave Day 1

This morning started out so well. I refreshed my memory by scanning Chapter 1 again and by journaling my responses to the questions posed at the end of the chapter. Those were pretty eye-opening for me. I had a good talk with the Lord; I turned off the television for most of the day; I was able to notice the cravings and not succumb to them, with the Lord's help! My husband baked a pan of cinnamon rolls after supper tonight and I didn't even have one. I reached for a date instead and that was enough sweetness to satisfy me. Also enjoyed a nice bowl of fresh fruit with Greek yogurt instead of my nightly ice cream cone.

But, this afternoon before my husband came home from work, I found myself getting depressed. I'm alone all day, most days so that doesn't generally bother me. After some tears and some prayer and a lot of thinking, I realized that I didn't have my regular foods to comfort me! Stuffing my face wasn't an option today and it made me realize how much I had depended on that to get me through the days!! That was another good eye-opener!

I'm sure the Lord will help me fill my days with good and perfect things that truly satisfy, rather than FOOD! But, it is certainly a wake-up call and a huge change for me...it's disconcerting. But, in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment