Saturday, April 19, 2014

Name change! Sit With Me Under My Magnolia Tree has become Shade Trees and Sweet Tea!

I love the new name.  I love sitting under shade trees and enjoying a tall, cold, glass of sweet tea.  Sitting by myself, enjoying the birds and flowers, the wind through the trees, the bees buzzing by and the stray cat or two snoozing on or under my porch, depending upon the temperature that day!  I love sitting in the shade with friends, sharing stories, hopes, problems, life.   Something about talking it out with a trusted friend makes everything seem better.  And, sometimes it's just me and God and a cup of coffee or a glass of sweet tea.  The quiet moments when I actually stop and listen to Him instead of just yammering away about what I need and want!! Lord, please..Lord, please..Lord, please...  yikes.  He's so patient with us.  It's when we actually listen and say, 'Yes, Lord'  'Yes, Lord'...that are the most important times spent with him, I think.
God is good.
Ahh well, it's late and I'm headed for the covers and the pillow.  Will wake tomorrow, Lord willing, to a new day and sunny day and a chair in the shade of my tree.
Have a great night everyone!
Be blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment