Thursday, July 18, 2013

I love .....

Who's in my life?  The most fabulous people!  Mr. Man, my husband for..soon to be..40 years!!  I always say that's a long time not to kill somebody! :)  I love him more now than ever.  There have been lots of rough times during those 40 years, though.  Times of poverty and fear, frustration and anger.  But, there have also been times of joy and plenty, peace and happiness.  We made a committment all of those years ago and quitting was only a passing thought during the rough times.  I'm so thankful we stuck with it!  He's my best friend and the one I want to be with the most in all the world.  

Next to him is our kids.  I love our kids with everything I am.  Nothing and no one can take the place of them!  They're all grown now and most live out of state, but they are always on my mind and in my prayers.  Having grown children makes me realize how my mother and every other mother of grown children has probably felt.  I miss them!  I miss being needed like I was. I miss being part of their lives.  Oh, they love us..a lot.  But, they have their own lives, their own families and friends, jobs, homes, interests, and issues.   That's just normal.  It's the way it's supposed to be, it's the way we were with our folks, too!  It's just life.  But, I still miss 'em. :)  We're proud of them! They've done so well for themselves..God has blessed them!  And, they are ALL tenderhearted, loving people.  How blessed WE are!

AND, we have twelve...yes, TWELVE..grandchildren!   Some are biological and some are adopted..all are special!  I cannot get enough time with them, I tell you!  They're growing up so quickly and I miss that we're not there for their every dance recital, ball game, lost tooth, pumpkin picking, present opening, school play, etc!   If your grandkids live near you, you are blessed indeed!! I do my very best not to be green with envy when my friends talk about the fun they're having with their grandbabies.  OH, I hope they know how special that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment