Wednesday, July 17, 2013

This is why I'm blogging.


When I retired from the school system last year, a friend told me I should have a blog.  I thought about it, but the priority at the time was taking care of my sister, Judy, who had pancreatic cancer and only months to live.  I thank God that I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with her and be with her when she passed from this life to the next.   Our other sister, Phyllis, passed away from the same disease ten years earlier.  Again, one of my best years with her was the last year of her life.   Our mom passed away four years ago.  My brother and I are the only ones left of the original four children. Our dad passed away when I was sixteen.

Now don't be sad!!  I'm not.  Of course, I went through lots of grieving.  But, I'm okay!  I'm really okay.  My faith in God and assurance of seeing my sisters and mom again, keeps me going!!  Life is good!

I celebrate life and memories.  I celebrate our wonderful children and grandchildren and the soon-to-be 40 years of marriage my husband and I have shared!  Like I said, life is good!

So now, I'm retired and free and decided to go ahead with the blog!  I'm writing about all the things that I enjoy.  Recipes, home, family, beauty, God's love!  I hope that you will be blessed by this blog and that you will share your story with me, as well.

Life is good!  God is good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment