Saturday, July 20, 2013

Cornbread Salad Recipe

There are several recipes out there for Cornbread Salad, but this is the one I use.  It has been very well received!  You may need to add more mayo depending on how dry your cornbread seems to you.  I use Light Hellman's Mayo.  Enjoy!  Oh, yeah, this is a Southern Dish.  I'm from Dixie, yes I am!

Cornbread Salad

June 5, 2011 at 12:42pm
2 boxes Jiffy Corn Bread mix (cooked as directed, cooled, and crumbled)
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup pickle relish
1 lb bacon fried crisp and crumbled
1 can Mexi-corn
4 fresh tomatoes chopped
1 cup mayonnaise(I used light, but regular might make it more moist)
2 tbsp pickle juice
salt and pepper to taste

Mix onions, bell peppers, relish, corn, tomatoes, mayo, pickle juice, salt and pepper.
Layer with bacon and with cornbread. End with cornbread on top..garnish with tomatoes.
Set aside in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment