Friday, August 2, 2013

Ever get bored and lonely?

I'm having one of those days...just feeling so lonely and bored...kind of depressed.  I've been wondering why all morning.  I'm not sick.  Nothing is really wrong. Well, one of our daughters is upset with me, but that's pretty normal.  In fact, when she's not upset with me, I'm tense waiting for the moment when she blasts me for some other infraction she thinks I've committed.  So, it's not that.

Then I realized that I miss my babies! Last weekend was so nice with all of the boys and their families.  Mostly, I just watched them having fun and picking on each other, laughing, boating, playing, just talking.  What joy that gave me!!   Now, they're all in their own states, their own homes, their own lives and Mr. Man and I are in ours.  It makes me miss them all over again.

But, instead of getting so lonesome and depressed, I need to count my blessings.  I'm blessed to be healthy and alive, my husband is still here with me, thank God!  He's being treated for high blood pressure and Crohn's disease, but he's still here!  I love him.  We'll be married 40 years at the end of next month.  That's a long time.  It wasn't always easy, but it was worth all of the downs and ups.   Our kids are healthy, they're all successful.  Thank God, again!  They're all good, I mean really good people.  All of them accepted Christ at a young age, and each are on their own journey with Him.  He will guide them and work with them, I don't have to worry about that.  Thank God.  He is so good to us.
Something to smile about! Some of my grandbabies enjoying watermelon.

So, when I look at it that way, I have absolutely nothing to be depressed about.  I'm just bored and that's my own fault.  There's much I could be doing, I just have to do it.  Exercise is needed, so I'm gonna get off my hind end and get busy.

This little message was a bit of therapy for me.  The lesson being, count your blessings, name them one by one.  And, get up, get out of your seat!

I hope that you'll do the same if you have a day like mine.  Don't wallow in the depression, get up and make yourself happy.
Love and blessings to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment