Monday, August 12, 2013

Mancave

Mr. Man in his new 'mancave'
This room we lovingly call the 'downstairs' room is two and a half steps down from the dining room.  This old house has 'unique' features...like 2 1/2 steps, not 2 or 3.  But, that's what makes it special, I suppose!  The room has been many things in times past...a living room, bedroom, playroom, junkroom.  After our youngest moved out, we decided to paint over the Florida Gator orange and blue(but we're still Gator fans!)  and give Mr. Man his own space to watch Nascar, football, and {ugh} bowling..whatever.  We've been married for almost 40 years and he's never had his own room.
He was so excited!

He chose this color.  It's called Emerald Coast Blue..really a deep teal.  I helped him paint the walls, I painted the concrete floor a dark brown. (Before this room was a room, it was a breezeway..long before we moved in) And, I painted all of the molding and doorways a soft white.  The brown sectional goes well with the blue, I think.  I found a throw pillow with the teal/agua color which helps bring that color in...and a lamp at Hobby Lobby with a bit of the same blue in the shade.  I found the curtains at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  They were normally $50/panel, but were on sale for $10/panel.  Score!  The computer armoire has doors that will shut out that mess.  Wish I had closed them before taking the picture!  It was tough for me, but I 'let' him pick out his own wall decorations and we framed some of the things that the kids had given him through the years.  It's not really a 'decorator's dream', but it works for him.

He's a happy man and even lets me sit in his room. LOL  The only catch is that the dog's kennel and the litter box are both in that room. :)  Freedom comes at a price!!





No comments:

Post a Comment