Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tossitallin Salad

Tossitallin Salad  :)   Toss It All In Salad!   This was my dinner tonight and pretty yummy, too!

I started with baby spinach and kale, chopped it up in the bowl.  I learned recently, in a wonderful class on healthy cooking,  that chopping kale and letting it sit at least five minutes(and you can sprinkle with lemon juice) will help enhance its beneficial phytonutrient concentration.   Also, if you put a little dressing on it...simple one with olive oil and lemon or an infused vinegar...then massage it for a little bit before letting it sit will take some of the bitterness out of it.

So, anyway, I didn't follow a recipe..although I've looked at quite a few and had some good ones lately.  I just dumped in what I had on hand.  I threw in some chopped English cucumbers, a small handful of chopped black olives, a handful of  rinsed garbanzo beans, a handful of fresh, rinsed blueberries, and some chopped cooked chicken.

*** I'm pausing here for a minute to talk about the chicken.  You have probably already seen this recipe on Pinterest, that's where I found it.  So simple and my husband loves it!  But, I don't tell him how I make it because he's not a big fan of mayonnaise..which is one of the three ingredients!
You take a boneless piece of chicken, I used breasts.   Smear light mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise on it, dip it in Italian breadcrumbs, and bake it! Voila.  So moist and flavorful!***

 Back to the salad:  I sprinkled on some parmesan, Tuscan seasoning, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and fresh ground pepper.  It was delicious!  But big!  I would have added in onions if I had thought of it! Some tomatoes or red peppers and nuts would have been good in it, too, I just didn't have them on hand.

I love salads because you can literally make ANYTHING into a salad!  No telling what I mix in tomorrow night!

By the way, Mr. Man had two big chicken breasts and mixed vegetables.  The only salad he likes is lettuce and tomato with French dressing.  An adventurer?  Not so much. :)  But, I LOVE him!
Oh, and he gets chocolate cream pie for dessert! 


No comments:

Post a Comment